An example of a pillar drill we would hire:-
This general purpose, five speed bench drill is ideal for the hobby or DIY user.
With a 13mm capacity chuck, compact dimensions and a whole host of other useful features, the CDP5DD is ideally suited for the home workshop. It also has a depth gauge and a height adjustable tilting table with slots to clamp your work piece..
For safety there’s a clear Perspex chuck guard and a No Voltage Release switch, so it can’t start unexpectedly should mains power fail temporarily (allowing insurance company approval for use in educational establishments) and it comes fitted with a 13amp plug.
A front mounted reference chart has an accurate depth measurement scale which also shows the 5 drilling speeds available. The chuck is mounted via a B16 taper which also allows the use of taper shank drill bits.
- Chuck capacity 13mm (Spindle taper B16)
- 5 Speeds from 545 – 2530 RPM to suit wood, metal & plastic.
- 250 Watt, 230v / 1 phase electric motor (Totally Enclosed Fan Cooled)
- Safety features include electrical cut-out on belt guard, combined NVR/stop start switch & clear perspex chuck guard.
- Also has dry type tilting work table 165 x 162mm, depth gauge, user reference chart & fitted BS plug.
- Dimensions – chuck to column 105mm (horizontal) & chuck to table 168mm (vertical)
- Overall height 515mm. Weight 20kg